dhcperf

Leandro
Is there same way to simulate dhcp requests from an aplication.
I dont need to perform a benchmark test, just would like to confirm
dhcpd is properly configured.
The idea is to generate for example 252 queries to fill full a /24 pool
, etc.

Im trying with dhcperf but could not find the correct flags combination.
If I found I will share my resuts.

Leandro.

Re: dhcperf

Shraddha Pandhe
Hi,

I am interested in this too. If I find anything, I will share.

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Leandro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there same way to simulate dhcp requests from an aplication.
I dont need to perform a benchmark test, just would like to confirm dhcpd is properly configured.
The idea is to generate for example 252 queries to fill full a /24 pool , etc.

Im trying with dhcperf but could not find the correct flags combination.
If I found I will share my resuts.

Leandro.

Re: dhcperf

Jarek Kasjaniuk
W dniu 26.06.2015 o 22:38, Leandro pisze:
> Is there same way to simulate dhcp requests from an aplication.
> I dont need to perform a benchmark test, just would like to confirm dhcpd is properly configured.
> The idea is to generate for example 252 queries to fill full a /24 pool , etc.
>
> Im trying with dhcperf but could not find the correct flags combination.
> If I found I will share my resuts.
>
> Leandro.

Hi,

did you try with  dhcpcd -T ... + script

--
Jarek

Re: dhcperf

Leandro
Founded !!
dhcperf --server 10.0.0.253 --discover --clients 10 --retain-leases --test-load 7

if --test-load is not specified it will try to find best water mark, so here "7" means 7 transaction  per second.
clients can also be omitted , and will be 20000 by default.
Just change the server ip.

To remove all the leases after test, just do:
rm -rf /var/lib/dhcpd/dhcpd.leases~
echo "" > /var/lib/dhcpd/dhcpd.leases

I can not set the gi-addr field yet.

Regards.
Leandro.

On 26/06/15 18:12, Shraddha Pandhe wrote:
Hi,

I am interested in this too. If I find anything, I will share.

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Leandro <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there same way to simulate dhcp requests from an aplication.
I dont need to perform a benchmark test, just would like to confirm dhcpd is properly configured.
The idea is to generate for example 252 queries to fill full a /24 pool , etc.

Im trying with dhcperf but could not find the correct flags combination.
If I found I will share my resuts.

Leandro.

Re: dhcperf

Leandro
It could work, random mac address should be also generated.
I made it work with dhcperf.
Thanks Jarek.