option domain-name-servers

Ryan Gray
Hello,

In regards to "option domain-name-servers", does anyone know if you can list them on multiple "option" lines instead of in a comma separated list?

I.E.
Instead of this:
option domain-name servers 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

Do this:
option domain-name-servers 8.8.8.8
option domain-name-servers 8.8.4.4

?

Thanks!

Regards,
Ryan Gray

Re: option domain-name-servers

Niall O'Reilly
On 7 Mar 2016, at 16:46, Ryan Gray wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In regards to "option domain-name-servers", does anyone know if you
> can
> list them on multiple "option" lines instead of in a comma separated
> list?
>
> I.E.
> Instead of this:
> option domain-name servers 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4
>
> Do this:
> option domain-name-servers 8.8.8.8
> option domain-name-servers 8.8.4.4

   Running in test mode (eg: dhcpd -d -t -cf test-dhcpd.conf -lf
/dev/null)
   seems to indicate that you can, but I suspect that the second
specification
   will over-ride the first.  This may not be what you need.

   /Niall

Re: option domain-name-servers

Ryan Gray
Niall,

Thank you! I feel pretty silly - totally forgot about test mode. I am thinking it will override also, but will look into that.

Thanks!!

Regards,
Ryan Gray