dns search list on dhcpd.conf

Julie Xu

Hi

I understand the option 119 for dns search is not work for MS client.

Could I get some advice, what is the best way to setup dns search list for MS client?

What about other machines? Such as apple? Server, phone? Etc.

I mean setup globally, not on local machine.

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Julie Xu

Network Engineer

Communications and Networking

Information Technology Services

Phone: (02) 45701947

Mobile:  0416 179 868

Email: [hidden email]

RE: dns search list on dhcpd.conf

Julie Xu

I mean do we have any chance to groble setup Windows 7 to request DHCP option 119?

Re: dns search list on dhcpd.conf

gvithal .
Hi Julie,

For Windows domain joined clients, you can use Active Directory Group policy to set up DNS suffix search list.

Thanks,
Prasad