dhcrelay is listening on all of myinterfaces instead of specified ones

dhcrelay is listening on all of myinterfaces instead of specified ones

rimvydukas
Hi,

Just installed isc-dhcp-relay package on my Buster and noticed one
interesting thing:

usr/sbin/dhcrelay -d -i eth0lo 172.50.16.253
Requesting: eth0lo as upstream: Y downstream: Y
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Relay Agent 4.4.1
Copyright 2004-2018 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/
Listening on LPF/vnet0/
Sending on   LPF/vnet0/
Listening on LPF/lan1vbr/
Sending on   LPF/lan1vbr/
Listening on LPF/lan1vbr-fake/
Sending on   LPF/lan1vbr-fake/
Listening on LPF/dmz1vbr/
Sending on   LPF/dmz1vbr/
Listening on LPF/dmz1vbr-fake/
Sending on   LPF/dmz1vbr-fake/
Listening on LPF/eth0/
Sending on   LPF/eth0/
Sending on   Socket/fallback

As you can see, relay agent is listening on all of my interfaces:/ Why is
that? It seems that because of that I get plenty of the following messages:

dhcrelay[4114]: Discarding packet received on vnet0 interface that has no
IPv4 address assigned.

Is there any way to force relay agent to listen only on specific interfaces?

--
Sent from: http://isc-dhcp-users.2343191.n4.nabble.com/

Re: dhcrelay is listening on all of myinterfaces instead of specified ones

Simon Hobson
rimvydukas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just installed isc-dhcp-relay package on my Buster and noticed one
> interesting thing:
>
> usr/sbin/dhcrelay -d -i eth0lo 172.50.16.253

Is "eth0lo" a typo or a copy/paste error ?

Simon

Re: dhcrelay is listening on all of myinterfaces instead of specified ones

rimvydukas
Hi,

No, its not the typo:) Its my custom named interface. I removed “lo” part in the further output and just forgot to do the same in the place you mentioned...