dhcpd with syslong

Teja
Hi,
I am trying to integrate the syslog-ng with isc-dhcpd service on my local machine(Centos 7)
In the dhcpd.conf I have updated the global section with
dhcpd.conf
    authoritative ;
    log-facility local7;
    default-lease-time 3600;

In the syslog-ng.conf file at last I have updated like :
    destination dhcp { file("/var/log/dhcp.log"); };
     filter f_dhcp { facility(local7); };
     log { source(s_sys); filter(f_dhcp); destination(dhcp); };

After updating the above files restarted the services and it worked. I can see dhcp messages in
/var/log/dhcp.log file
 Now I am trying the various log-facility statements available for ISC dhcpd, from public forums I get the list like: auth, authpriv, cron, daemon, ftp, kern, local0 through local7, lpr, mail, mark, news, ntp, security, syslog, user and uucp are supportable but

--->Getting the dhcpd syntax error while using the params(ntp, mark, security)
 [root@test tmp]# dhcpd -t -cf dhcpdserver.conf
dhcpdTemplate.conf line 2: unknown value
log-facility mark;
              ^
dhcpdTemplate.conf line 2: expecting a parameter or declaration
log-facility mark;
                 ^
Configuration file errors encountered -- exiting
[root@ test tmp]#

File data:
 [root@test tmp]#cat /tmp/ dhcpdserver.conf
authoritative ;
log-facility mark  ;
default-lease-time 3600;

Do we have any exception cases with these parameters (ntp, mark, security)?or any problem with syslog-ng ?
Any help can be appreciated.Thanks in advance

Thanks
Surya

Re: dhcpd with syslong

Peter Rathlev
On Wed, 2019-08-07 at 11:56 +0530, Surya Teja wrote:

>  Now I am trying the various log-facility statements available for
> ISC dhcpd, from public forums I get the list like: auth, authpriv,
> cron, daemon, ftp, kern, local0 through local7, lpr, mail, mark,
> news, ntp, security, syslog, user and uucp are supportable but
>
> --->Getting the dhcpd syntax error while using the params(ntp, mark,
> security)
>  [root@test tmp]# dhcpd -t -cf dhcpdserver.conf
> dhcpdTemplate.conf line 2: unknown value
> log-facility mark;
>               ^
> dhcpdTemplate.conf line 2: expecting a parameter or declaration
> log-facility mark;
>                  ^

The facilities "ntp", "mark" and "security" are not valid syslog
facilities on a CentOS 7 server. As "dhcpd.conf" mentions: "Not all of
these facilities are available on all systems, and there may be other
facilities available on other systems.".

Take a look at "man syslog.h" to see the complete list of valid
facilities on your system.

Just use another one, for example one of local0 .. local7.

--
Peter

Re: dhcpd with syslong

Teja