dhclient - DHCPv6 - background after timeout?

dhclient - DHCPv6 - background after timeout?

Scott Talbert
Hello,

When running dhclient in DHCPv4 mode, it seems the default behavior is to
background itself if a timeout occurs (ie, if no response is received
within 60 seconds).  In DHCPv6 mode, it seems the default behavior is to
wait forever in the event of a non-response.  Is there a way to get the
background after timeout behavior with DHCPv6?  As best I can tell, there
is not, but I could be overlooking something.

Thanks,
Scott