Windows clients and option 119

Doug Barton
Folks,

Working on some "stuff," and came across some info that Windows clients
do not support option 119. But all the resources I've found start with
"The Windows DHCP server does not have an option 119," and then go on to
say that Windows clients don't support it.

Assuming that I have an ISC DHCP server that is offering option 119,
will Windows clients request it? Or is it true that the only way to set
the search list is via GPO? (And yes, I know about devolution, etc., but
I need to have multiple strings for completely different domains.)

Doug

--
I am conducting an experiment in the efficacy of PGP/MIME signatures.
This message should be signed. If it is not, or the signature does not

Re: Windows clients and option 119

Steven Carr
On 1 May 2015 at 23:09, Doug Barton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Assuming that I have an ISC DHCP server that is offering option 119, will
> Windows clients request it? Or is it true that the only way to set the
> search list is via GPO? (And yes, I know about devolution, etc., but I need
> to have multiple strings for completely different domains.)

Windows doesn't request it, only way on Microsoft is via manual
configuration or GPO.