GUI for ISC dhcp

ahiya
hi

could anyone recommend a lite weight GUI for managing ISC?
for monitoring and configuration tasks:
- add/remove/modify subnets/pools
-add/remove a reservation
- monitor HA
- subnets stats

I've tried Webmin but when changing config with an error ends with service
down without even notify of a config error.

on the other hand, if you know of a heavy-duty tool that could manage
several servers from AWS
it's even better.

ive tried  some IPAM tools (men&mice) but the issue is that my distributed
DHCP servers contain duplicate ip pools (different sites) and the ipam
couldn't handle that

ill appreciate any advice.

thanks

--
Sent from: http://isc-dhcp-users.2343191.n4.nabble.com/

Re: GUI for ISC dhcp

willieb
Not sure about anything other than Webmin, but for an IPAM alternative check
out Gestio.

Will

--
Sent from: http://isc-dhcp-users.2343191.n4.nabble.com/

Re: GUI for ISC dhcp

Vicky Risk
> On Nov 5, 2020, at 12:42 AM, ahiya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> hi
>
> could anyone recommend a lite weight GUI for managing ISC?
> for monitoring and configuration tasks:
> - add/remove/modify subnets/pools
> -add/remove a reservation
> - monitor HA
> - subnets stats

Did you look at Glass?

It is lightweight. It might not do everything you want, but it is open source, and created by an operator for his own use. I doubt it is checking for overlapping subnets.

https://github.com/Akkadius/glass-isc-dhcp

Vicky

RE: GUI for ISC dhcp

ahiya
Thanks, Will

Does it support DHCP?
I don't see anything regarding DHCP in the docs.

Re: GUI for ISC dhcp

Peter Yardley
Hi,

We use NameSurfer which is a low cost commercial offering, but the best is Infoblox (which costs a lot more).

> On 5 Nov 2020, at 7:42 pm, ahiya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> hi
>
> could anyone recommend a lite weight GUI for managing ISC?
> for monitoring and configuration tasks:
> - add/remove/modify subnets/pools
> -add/remove a reservation
> - monitor HA
> - subnets stats
>
> I've tried Webmin but when changing config with an error ends with service
> down without even notify of a config error.
>

> on the other hand, if you know of a heavy-duty tool that could manage
> several servers from AWS
> it's even better.
>
> ive tried some IPAM tools (men&mice) but the issue is that my distributed
> DHCP servers contain duplicate ip pools (different sites) and the ipam
> couldn't handle that
>

> ill appreciate any advice.
>
> thanks
>

> --
> Sent from: http://isc-dhcp-users.2343191.n4.nabble.com/

._--_|\ Peter Yardley |
/ \ Senior Network Engineer | [hidden email]
\_.--._* Information Technology Division, | Ph: +61 2 9514-2358
. v University of Technology, Sydney.| Fax: +61 2 9514-4327

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects. Think. Green. Do. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Re: GUI for ISC dhcp

Peter Yardley
Hi,

We use NameSurfer which is a low cost commercial offering, but the best is Infoblox (which costs a lot more).

> On 5 Nov 2020, at 7:42 pm, ahiya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> hi
>
> could anyone recommend a lite weight GUI for managing ISC?
> for monitoring and configuration tasks:
> - add/remove/modify subnets/pools
> -add/remove a reservation
> - monitor HA
> - subnets stats
>
> I've tried Webmin but when changing config with an error ends with service
> down without even notify of a config error.
>

> on the other hand, if you know of a heavy-duty tool that could manage
> several servers from AWS
> it's even better.
>
> ive tried some IPAM tools (men&mice) but the issue is that my distributed
> DHCP servers contain duplicate ip pools (different sites) and the ipam
> couldn't handle that
>

> ill appreciate any advice.
>
> thanks
>

> --
> Sent from: http://isc-dhcp-users.2343191.n4.nabble.com/

._--_|\ Peter Yardley |
/ \ Senior Network Engineer | [hidden email]
\_.--._* Information Technology Division, | Ph: +61 2 9514-2358
. v University of Technology, Sydney.| Fax: +61 2 9514-4327

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects. Think. Green. Do. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

RE: GUI for ISC dhcp

ahiya

Thanks

Do you manage your ISC DHCP server with the NameSurfer?
according to their website, it doesn’t seem to support that.

·         Supports DHCP products from FusionLayer, Microsoft and Nominum

We use NameSurfer which is a low cost commercial offering, but the best is Infoblox (which costs a lot more).

> On 5 Nov 2020, at 7:42 pm, ahiya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> hi
>
> could anyone recommend a lite weight GUI for managing ISC?
> for monitoring and configuration tasks:
> - add/remove/modify subnets/pools
> -add/remove a reservation
> - monitor HA
> - subnets stats
>
> I've tried Webmin but when changing config with an error ends with service
> down without even notify of a config error.
>

> on the other hand, if you know of a heavy-duty tool that could manage
> several servers from AWS
> it's even better.
>
> ive tried some IPAM tools (men&mice) but the issue is that my distributed
> DHCP servers contain duplicate ip pools (different sites) and the ipam
> couldn't handle that
>

> ill appreciate any advice.
>
> thanks
>

> --
> Sent from: http://isc-dhcp-users.2343191.n4.nabble.com/

._--_|\ Peter Yardley |
/ \ Senior Network Engineer | [hidden email]
\_.--._* Information Technology Division, | Ph: +61 2 9514-2358
. v University of Technology, Sydney.| Fax: +61 2 9514-4327

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects. Think. Green. Do. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Re: GUI for ISC dhcp

Peter Yardley
Yes,

It has ISC DHCP built in and it uses BIND as well.

We don’t use the BIND bit due to our operational set-up and DNS being split between AD and BIND.

> On 12 Nov 2020, at 4:41 pm, Ahiya Zadok <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks
>
> Do you manage your ISC DHCP server with the NameSurfer?
> according to their website, it doesn’t seem to support that.
>
> · Supports DHCP products from FusionLayer, Microsoft and Nominum

Ok, so it a standalone on-site solution.

Could it remotely manage ISC DHCP multiple servers?

I've just contacted their sales for info, ill update back here when I have new info regarding this.

Thanks

It has ISC DHCP built in and it uses BIND as well.

We don’t use the BIND bit due to our operational set-up and DNS being split between AD and BIND.

> On 12 Nov 2020, at 4:41 pm, Ahiya Zadok <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks
>
> Do you manage your ISC DHCP server with the NameSurfer?
> according to their website, it doesn’t seem to support that.
>
> · Supports DHCP products from FusionLayer, Microsoft and Nominum

They have a DHCP appliance that includes ISC DHCP. You can control multiple servers from the one console. The management console has a shadow BIND server that can zone transfer to external BIND servers.

Infoblox is far better but they charge for each DHCP appliance.

> On 12 Nov 2020, at 4:51 pm, Ahiya Zadok <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ok, so it a standalone on-site solution.
> Could it remotely manage ISC DHCP multiple servers?
> I've just contacted their sales for info, ill update back here when I have new info regarding this.
>

> Thanks

Thanks for the info👍👍

בתאריך יום ה׳, 12 בנוב׳ 2020, 08:13, מאת Peter Yardley ‏<[hidden email]>:
Hi,

They have a DHCP appliance that includes ISC DHCP. You can control multiple servers from the one console. The management console has a shadow BIND server that can zone transfer to external BIND servers.

Infoblox is far better but they charge for each DHCP appliance.

> On 12 Nov 2020, at 4:51 pm, Ahiya Zadok <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ok, so it a standalone on-site solution.
> Could it remotely manage ISC DHCP multiple servers?
> I've just contacted their sales for info, ill update back here when I have new info regarding this.
>

> Thanks

Carsten Strotmann
Hi Ahiya Zadok,

On 12 Nov 2020, at 6:41, Ahiya Zadok wrote:

>> ive tried some IPAM tools (men&mice) but the issue is that my
>> distributed
>> DHCP servers contain duplicate ip pools (different sites) and the
>> ipam
>> couldn't handle that

Men & Mice supports the concept of "Address-Spaces". If you create
multiple address spaces, you should be able to manage overlapping IP
address pools on different DHCP servers

<https://docs.menandmice.com/display/MM930/IP+Address+Management>

Greetings

Carsten

RE: GUI for ISC dhcp

ahiya
Thank you Carsten

On 12 Nov 2020, at 6:41, Ahiya Zadok wrote:

>> ive tried some IPAM tools (men&mice) but the issue is that my
>> distributed DHCP servers contain duplicate ip pools (different sites)
>> and the ipam couldn't handle that

Men & Mice supports the concept of "Address-Spaces". If you create
multiple address spaces, you should be able to manage overlapping IP
address pools on different DHCP servers

<https://docs.menandmice.com/display/MM930/IP+Address+Management>

Greetings

Carsten

RE: GUI for ISC dhcp

willieb
I'm not sure if Gestio supports DHCP or not. I used it a long time ago and
can't remember, sorry...

--
Sent from: http://isc-dhcp-users.2343191.n4.nabble.com/

Re: GUI for ISC dhcp

Vicky Risk
Administrator
We have a page on our web site that lists commercial products that manage BIND and ISC DHCP. It is probably not complete.  We don’t have information on how they compare, on features, or pricing or anything like that.

If you have something to add to this list, pls unicast back to me and I will update it.

Vicky Risk

Re: GUI for ISC dhcp

scramatte
Hello,

For IPAM I recommend you phpIpam

For DHCP ,an approach is use Isc Dhcp server with ldap directory and a windows client such “ldapadmin”.

Another approach is our ISP appliance but  is not free

We have got a web ui with. It includes Dhcp and many more things. If you need it for business might interesting for us. Contact me in private.

Regards

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 12 nov 2020, a las 6:35, Peter Yardley <[hidden email]> escribió:

 Hi,

We use NameSurfer which is a low cost commercial offering, but the best is Infoblox (which costs a lot more).

> On 5 Nov 2020, at 7:42 pm, ahiya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> hi
>
> could anyone recommend a lite weight GUI for managing ISC?
> for monitoring and configuration tasks:
> - add/remove/modify subnets/pools
> -add/remove a reservation
> - monitor HA
> - subnets stats
>
> I've tried Webmin but when changing config with an error ends with service
> down without even notify of a config error.
>

> on the other hand, if you know of a heavy-duty tool that could manage
> several servers from AWS
> it's even better.
>
> ive tried some IPAM tools (men&mice) but the issue is that my distributed
> DHCP servers contain duplicate ip pools (different sites) and the ipam
> couldn't handle that
>

> ill appreciate any advice.
>
> thanks
>

> --
> Sent from: http://isc-dhcp-users.2343191.n4.nabble.com/

._--_|\ Peter Yardley |
/ \ Senior Network Engineer | [hidden email]
\_.--._* Information Technology Division, | Ph: +61 2 9514-2358
. v University of Technology, Sydney.| Fax: +61 2 9514-4327

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects. Think. Green. Do. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Re: GUI for ISC dhcp

Ed Daniel
On 12/11/2020 05:28, Peter Yardley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We use NameSurfer which is a low cost commercial offering, but the best
> is Infoblox (which costs a lot more).

Please note this statement (..best..) is subjective, without providing
any corroborative evidence. Let the flame wars begin, or not please ;-)

Do your own research based on Victoria's response and link shared:
https://www.isc.org/commercialproducts/

>> On 5 Nov 2020, at 7:42 pm, ahiya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> hi
>>
>> could anyone recommend a lite weight GUI for managing ISC?
>> for monitoring and configuration tasks:
>> - add/remove/modify subnets/pools
>> -add/remove a reservation
>> - monitor HA
>> - subnets stats

RE: GUI for ISC dhcp

ahiya
That's clear

And yes I did look at the link and reach out to some companies already.

On 12/11/2020 05:28, Peter Yardley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We use NameSurfer which is a low cost commercial offering, but the
> best is Infoblox (which costs a lot more).

Please note this statement (..best..) is subjective, without providing any
corroborative evidence. Let the flame wars begin, or not please ;-)

Do your own research based on Victoria's response and link shared:
https://www.isc.org/commercialproducts/

>> On 5 Nov 2020, at 7:42 pm, ahiya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> hi
>>
>> could anyone recommend a lite weight GUI for managing ISC?
>> for monitoring and configuration tasks:
>> - add/remove/modify subnets/pools
>> -add/remove a reservation
>> - monitor HA
>> - subnets stats

Re: GUI for ISC dhcp

Ed Daniel
FYI phpipam is definitely one of the most mature open source offerings
available (# of contributors, actively maintained, large user base)
however, there is another... Netbox, have a peek at these links:

https://karneliuk.com/2019/04/building-zero-touch-provisioning-infrastructur-dhcp-dns-ftp-http-with-netbox-docker-and-ansible-for-arista-eos-cumulus-linux-cisco-ios-xr-and-nokia-sr-os/
https://git.burntbunch.org/lerentis/isc-dhcp-netbox-connector
https://phabricator.stwalkerster.co.uk/file/transforms/49535/
https://github.com/netbox-community/netbox/issues/2084

You may also find KEA could be of interest, the successor to ISC DHCP:
https://www.isc.org/kea/
https://github.com/candlerb/netbox-webhook-kea-dhcp

HTH,
Ed.