Dhcpd randomly returns the IP address or the backup IP

Dhcpd randomly returns the IP address or the backup IP

Wayne Gemmell | Connect
Hi

When my dhcp server gets a DHCPRELEASE followed by a DHCPDISCOVER then it randomly allocates the IP address or the backup IP address that are assigned to the host in the lease file to the host. The assignments always got to the correct host and the mac address doesn't change.

When this backup IP address is allocated then dynamic DNS isn't updated and my container is unreachable.

I've put all the relevant details in the link below but am more than happy enough to furnish anything that is missing. Can anyone help please?

https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/dhcp/-/issues/172