DHCPd only upating the forward zone

Dan Egli
Okay, I got around the other problem. But this issue still bugs me. When
dhcpd sends an update to named, it only updates the forward zone
(name->ip). It doesn't send an update for the reverse maping (ip->name).
Did I miss a configuration setting somewhere? How can I get dhcpd to
send updates to both the forward and reverse zones when it sends DNS
updates?

--
Dan Egli
 From my Test Server

Re: DHCPd only upating the forward zone

Simon Hobson
Dan Egli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When dhcpd sends an update to named, it only updates the forward zone (name->ip). It doesn't send an update for the reverse maping (ip->name). Did I miss a configuration setting somewhere? How can I get dhcpd to send updates to both the forward and reverse zones when it sends DNS updates?

In a correct DNS setup it's usually automagic. Can you post your dhcp config and the results from (on your dhcp server) :
dig yourdomain.tld ns
dig 10.168.192.in-addr.arpa ns

change yourdomain.tld and 10.168.192 to match your internal names/addresses.

Simon