DHCP failover doesn't receive DHCP requests in secondary server

Re: DHCP failover doesn't receive DHCP requests in secondary server

Anders Löwinger
On 8/16/18 9:21 PM, Bob Harold wrote:
> "split" only affects which server responds *first* to *new* clients.
> It has no effect when a client renews - they just unicast directly to
> the server that gave them their lease.  You would have to have a large
> turnover of clients, or have one server down for a while, to see the
> effect.

Ok, thanks for the clarification, we did guess it was something similar
as you described. We did run for about 4 hours with 20000 clients - this
in a broadband network....

We will probably migrate to Kea and it's redundancy model - seems better
at least on paper.

/Anders